Rebecca Catford: February 2018
The Regional Safeguarding Group is seeking new members.
Would you like to contribute to the promotion and implementation of effective safeguarding provision within our churches in the Darlington and Newcastle Districts?
If the answer to this question might be 'Yes' the Regional Safeguarding Group (RSG) that covers both Districts is seeking new members and would like to hear from you.
- The RSG promotes the safeguarding of children and adults across the two Districts.
- It discusses programmes of awareness, training and ways of promoting District and Connexional policies, guidance and good practice in the Circuits.
- It provides support and guidance to the Regional Safeguarding Officer, including confidential advice and discussion on casework.
- It reports to the District Policy Committees of both Districts.
- There is opportunity to be involved in events and meetings, for example training events, meetings arranged for Circuit Safeguarding Officers and involvement with Monitoring and Support Groups.
- The RSG currently comprises the two Chairs of District, the Regional Safeguarding Officer and others (ordained and lay) who have safeguarding experience or other relevant professional backgrounds.
- The group meets quarterly, and the venue usually alternates between the two Districts.
- The current chair of the RSG is Mark Braithwaite a former senior police officer and Independent Chair to the Local Safeguarding Children's Board in Middlesbrough.
If you might be interested in joining the group, please email Mark to express your interest, outlining any relevant experience and background you might have in this area by Friday 9th March.
You may also be interested in
You are warmly invited to Witton Park's Mega 🎶 Sing on September 22nd at St John's School, Bishop Auckland. Our worship band and congregation will be leading an evening of uplifting worship songs and additional elements of Christian fun and laughter! Tickets are free. Just contact Bob on 07836 526514 or bob...
All is safely gathered in? Maybe notThe weather has made this year a challenging one for many farmers. For sheep farmers the problems began in the autumn of 2017 when prolonged cold and damp affected ewe fertility. The snow and cold temperatures of the 'Beast from the East' arrived at lambing time and there were losses of new lambs and ewes as well as cattle. Resulting in cash flow...
On Saturday 28th July the people of the Darlington District said a fond Farewell to the Revd Ruth Gee as she ends her ministry in the district. Ruth has been the Chair of the Darlington District of the Methodist Church for 10 years supporting, encouraging, shaping and challenging the District in its worship, work and service within the community. She is moving to London to be part of the national...
Events & Occasions
Elm Ridge Methodist Church, Darlington
Elm Ridge Methodist Church
Elvet Methodist Church