Rebecca Catford: February 2018
The Regional Safeguarding Group is seeking new members.
Would you like to contribute to the promotion and implementation of effective safeguarding provision within our churches in the Darlington and Newcastle Districts?
If the answer to this question might be 'Yes' the Regional Safeguarding Group (RSG) that covers both Districts is seeking new members and would like to hear from you.
- The RSG promotes the safeguarding of children and adults across the two Districts.
- It discusses programmes of awareness, training and ways of promoting District and Connexional policies, guidance and good practice in the Circuits.
- It provides support and guidance to the Regional Safeguarding Officer, including confidential advice and discussion on casework.
- It reports to the District Policy Committees of both Districts.
- There is opportunity to be involved in events and meetings, for example training events, meetings arranged for Circuit Safeguarding Officers and involvement with Monitoring and Support Groups.
- The RSG currently comprises the two Chairs of District, the Regional Safeguarding Officer and others (ordained and lay) who have safeguarding experience or other relevant professional backgrounds.
- The group meets quarterly, and the venue usually alternates between the two Districts.
- The current chair of the RSG is Mark Braithwaite a former senior police officer and Independent Chair to the Local Safeguarding Children's Board in Middlesbrough.
If you might be interested in joining the group, please email Mark to express your interest, outlining any relevant experience and background you might have in this area by Friday 9th March.
You may also be interested in
The Darlington District is pleased to offer a creative and exciting part-time fixed term post of Mission and Community Engagement Facilitator to advise and support the circuits and the District in identifying and responding to opportunities for mission, particularly in relation to community engagement.Completed application forms to be sent to Rebecca Catford, Darlington District Administrator...
You are invited to the Welcome Service of the Revd Richard Andrew, Chair of the Darlington District from September 2018 (subject to conference). The service is on Saturday 25th August at 5pm. It will be held at Elm Ridge Methodist Church, Darlington DL3 8AB.If you are able, come and celebrate as we welcome Richard and his family and pray for his ministry among us. It will be a joyful occasion...
A GDPR training event has just been organised for TUESDAY 26 JUNE at Cullercoats Methodist Church (Broadway, North Shields NE30 3LJ) in the North Shields and Whitley Bay Circuit. This training has been offered by TMCP and the Connexional team and is for all those who hold or process personal data. The training will be from 10am-4pm (although this is yet to be confirmed). Refreshments will be...
Events & Occasions