Rebecca Catford: August 2019
Why are we having a roadshow?
'God in Love Unites Us' — the 2019 Methodist Conference made some important recommendations about the Methodist position on marriage and relationships. In the Spring of 2020, District Synods will be considering and voting on these recommendations and feeding back to the Conference.
What will happen?
The Darlington District is offering a series of local opportunities to reflect on the recommendations of the Marriage and Relationships report. The aim of the evenings is to provide an opportunity for open, honest, respectful sharing, for prayer and conversation about how God is calling the Methodist Church at this time and reflection on what this may mean for local churches and circuits.
Who can attend?
Each session is open to anyone from across the district. Please note, it is particularly important that Synod reps attend at least one session.
When is it taking place?
Consultations will take place at the following venues beginning 7pm with tea and coffee and sessions running from 7.30-9.30.
- 26 September 2019, Thurs at Elvet Methodist Church, Durham & Deerness Valley Circuit
- 1 October 2019, Tues at Richmond Methodist Church, North Yorkshire Dales Circuit
- 3 October 2019, Thurs at Trinity Methodist Church, Middlesbrough & Eston Circuit
- 9 October 2019, Wed at Bondgate Methodist Church, Darlington Circuit
- 15 October 2019, Tues at Peterlee Methodist Memorial Church, Castle Eden Circuit
- 12 November 2019, Tues at Bishop Auckland Methodist Church, Bishop Auckland & Shildon Circuit
- 14 November 2019, Thurs Willington Open Door Church, West Durham Circuit
- 18 November 2019, Mon at Guisborough Methodist Church, Cleveland & Danby Circuit
- 21 November 2019, Thurs at Barnard Castle Methodist Church, Barnard Castle & Teesdale
- 26 November 2019, Tues at Yarm Road Methodist Church, Stockton Circuit
- 28 November 2019, Thurs at Stokesley Methodist Church, Stokesley Circuit
You may also be interested in
Darlington and Newcastle upon Tyne Methodist Districts are seeking to appoint a Digital Ministries Enabler30 hours per week (Start date 1st September 2021 for 3 years)We are seeking to appoint a Digital Ministries Enabler to help both Districts to have an effective digital presence as a means of communication and mission. To enable Circuits and churches in both Districts to become better...
Methodist Women in Britain (MWiB) came into being in 2011, we are celebrating our10th birthday this year. With this in mind we have been reviewing our first decade and are planning for thefuture. Our aims continue to be the principles established in 2011, which are still just as relevant. To bring women together to know Christ and to share that knowledge. To encourage and equip women...
Well-Being Sessions on Zoom — open to allRev. Paul Golightly leads a District funded project to promote Well-Being for those in recovery , using the body based practices of Capacitar who work all over the world to alleviate stress and trauma.Online sessions are now well established on Monday at 7 p.m. and Friday at 11 a.m. No previous experience necessary.In the hour long...