Rebecca Catford: August 2019
Why are we having a roadshow?
'God in Love Unites Us' — the 2019 Methodist Conference made some important recommendations about the Methodist position on marriage and relationships. In the Spring of 2020, District Synods will be considering and voting on these recommendations and feeding back to the Conference.
What will happen?
The Darlington District is offering a series of local opportunities to reflect on the recommendations of the Marriage and Relationships report. The aim of the evenings is to provide an opportunity for open, honest, respectful sharing, for prayer and conversation about how God is calling the Methodist Church at this time and reflection on what this may mean for local churches and circuits.
Who can attend?
Each session is open to anyone from across the district. Please note, it is particularly important that Synod reps attend at least one session.
When is it taking place?
Consultations will take place at the following venues beginning 7pm with tea and coffee and sessions running from 7.30-9.30.
- 26 September 2019, Thurs at Elvet Methodist Church, Durham & Deerness Valley Circuit
- 1 October 2019, Tues at Richmond Methodist Church, North Yorkshire Dales Circuit
- 3 October 2019, Thurs at Trinity Methodist Church, Middlesbrough & Eston Circuit
- 9 October 2019, Wed at Bondgate Methodist Church, Darlington Circuit
- 15 October 2019, Tues at Peterlee Methodist Memorial Church, Castle Eden Circuit
- 12 November 2019, Tues at Bishop Auckland Methodist Church, Bishop Auckland & Shildon Circuit
- 14 November 2019, Thurs Willington Open Door Church, West Durham Circuit
- 18 November 2019, Mon at Guisborough Methodist Church, Cleveland & Danby Circuit
- 21 November 2019, Thurs at Barnard Castle Methodist Church, Barnard Castle & Teesdale
- 26 November 2019, Tues at Yarm Road Methodist Church, Stockton Circuit
- 28 November 2019, Thurs at Stokesley Methodist Church, Stokesley Circuit
You may also be interested in
GDPR has now been in place for more than 12 months and TMCP are pleased to confirm that we will be providing further guidance and training on data protection matters affecting the Methodist Church. The training will be held in 5 different locations across the UK hosted by the firms on the Panel of Solicitors.The training days are designed to be interactive and workshop focussed with attendance...
CHRISTIANS AGAINST DOMESTIC ABUSE (CADA)presents...Wise Up Rise UpA conference to inform & equip Christians to face the challenges of domestic abuse.23 Nov 1910am -4pmTrinity ChurchGosforth, Newcastle upon TyneNE3...
Barnard Castle & Teesdale Methodist Circuit Invite you to...Creative WorkshopExploring St Paul's Letter to the ColossiansArt — Craft — Poetry — Creative writing Clay — Paint — Sew — ColourWed 24 July 2019 10am-4pm & 7pm-9pm Thurs 25 July 2019 10am-4pmThe Pathway Methodist Church Middleton-in-Teesdale DL12 0SHCome to either or both days; stay all day or just for a few...
Events & Occasions
Elm Ridge Methodist Church
Wesley House Cambridge