Rebecca Catford: February 2018
The Regional Safeguarding Group is seeking new members.
Would you like to contribute to the promotion and implementation of effective safeguarding provision within our churches in the Darlington and Newcastle Districts?
If the answer to this question might be 'Yes' the Regional Safeguarding Group (RSG) that covers both Districts is seeking new members and would like to hear from you.
- The RSG promotes the safeguarding of children and adults across the two Districts.
- It discusses programmes of awareness, training and ways of promoting District and Connexional policies, guidance and good practice in the Circuits.
- It provides support and guidance to the Regional Safeguarding Officer, including confidential advice and discussion on casework.
- It reports to the District Policy Committees of both Districts.
- There is opportunity to be involved in events and meetings, for example training events, meetings arranged for Circuit Safeguarding Officers and involvement with Monitoring and Support Groups.
- The RSG currently comprises the two Chairs of District, the Regional Safeguarding Officer and others (ordained and lay) who have safeguarding experience or other relevant professional backgrounds.
- The group meets quarterly, and the venue usually alternates between the two Districts.
- The current chair of the RSG is Mark Braithwaite a former senior police officer and Independent Chair to the Local Safeguarding Children's Board in Middlesbrough.
If you might be interested in joining the group, please email Mark to express your interest, outlining any relevant experience and background you might have in this area by Friday 9th March.
You may also be interested in
Taking place April 14th — 18th 2020 in Harrogate"Each day begins with an optional communion at 8:30am and seminars for the keen learners at 9am.At 10:15am we kick off for everyone with the Big Start all age-celebration — music, drama and prayer collide as we open the bible and our Acts theme together. Worship and Bible teaching follows at 11:30am with simultaneous groups for children and...
Report from MHA for Autumn SynodThank you to all the churches who have supported MHA Sunday this year, raised awareness or raised funds in anyway. It is not too late to hold a service and there are resources to help with this on our website.We had a great time at Methodist Conference this year. We were pleased to give away our...
Do you have good administrative skills?Would you like to contribute to the work of the Darlington Methodist District?We are seeking to appoint a District Administrator/Personal Assistant to the Chair of District.Hours: 20 per week Work base: Elm Ridge Methodist Church, Carmel Road South, Darlington, DL3 8DJ.Starting salary is £11.50 per hour plus pension contribution.The job...
Events & Occasions
Elvet Methodist Church