Rebecca Catford: February 2018
The Regional Safeguarding Group is seeking new members.
Would you like to contribute to the promotion and implementation of effective safeguarding provision within our churches in the Darlington and Newcastle Districts?
If the answer to this question might be 'Yes' the Regional Safeguarding Group (RSG) that covers both Districts is seeking new members and would like to hear from you.
- The RSG promotes the safeguarding of children and adults across the two Districts.
- It discusses programmes of awareness, training and ways of promoting District and Connexional policies, guidance and good practice in the Circuits.
- It provides support and guidance to the Regional Safeguarding Officer, including confidential advice and discussion on casework.
- It reports to the District Policy Committees of both Districts.
- There is opportunity to be involved in events and meetings, for example training events, meetings arranged for Circuit Safeguarding Officers and involvement with Monitoring and Support Groups.
- The RSG currently comprises the two Chairs of District, the Regional Safeguarding Officer and others (ordained and lay) who have safeguarding experience or other relevant professional backgrounds.
- The group meets quarterly, and the venue usually alternates between the two Districts.
- The current chair of the RSG is Mark Braithwaite a former senior police officer and Independent Chair to the Local Safeguarding Children's Board in Middlesbrough.
If you might be interested in joining the group, please email Mark to express your interest, outlining any relevant experience and background you might have in this area by Friday 9th March.
You may also be interested in
GDPR has now been in place for more than 12 months and TMCP are pleased to confirm that we will be providing further guidance and training on data protection matters affecting the Methodist Church. The training will be held in 5 different locations across the UK hosted by the firms on the Panel of Solicitors.The training days are designed to be interactive and workshop focussed with attendance...
CHRISTIANS AGAINST DOMESTIC ABUSE (CADA)presents...Wise Up Rise UpA conference to inform & equip Christians to face the challenges of domestic abuse.23 Nov 1910am -4pmTrinity ChurchGosforth, Newcastle upon TyneNE3...
Why are we having a roadshow?'God in Love Unites Us' — the 2019 Methodist Conference made some important recommendations about the Methodist position on marriage and relationships. In the Spring of 2020, District Synods will be considering and voting on these recommendations and feeding back...
Events & Occasions
Elm Ridge Methodist Church
Wesley House Cambridge