Rebecca Catford: February 2018
The Regional Safeguarding Group is seeking new members.
Would you like to contribute to the promotion and implementation of effective safeguarding provision within our churches in the Darlington and Newcastle Districts?
If the answer to this question might be 'Yes' the Regional Safeguarding Group (RSG) that covers both Districts is seeking new members and would like to hear from you.
- The RSG promotes the safeguarding of children and adults across the two Districts.
- It discusses programmes of awareness, training and ways of promoting District and Connexional policies, guidance and good practice in the Circuits.
- It provides support and guidance to the Regional Safeguarding Officer, including confidential advice and discussion on casework.
- It reports to the District Policy Committees of both Districts.
- There is opportunity to be involved in events and meetings, for example training events, meetings arranged for Circuit Safeguarding Officers and involvement with Monitoring and Support Groups.
- The RSG currently comprises the two Chairs of District, the Regional Safeguarding Officer and others (ordained and lay) who have safeguarding experience or other relevant professional backgrounds.
- The group meets quarterly, and the venue usually alternates between the two Districts.
- The current chair of the RSG is Mark Braithwaite a former senior police officer and Independent Chair to the Local Safeguarding Children's Board in Middlesbrough.
If you might be interested in joining the group, please email Mark to express your interest, outlining any relevant experience and background you might have in this area by Friday 9th March.
You may also be interested in
2019 Summer outing to North YorkshireSaturday 20th JulyWe shall be following in the steps of John Wesley, visiting places often featured in his travels.10.30am — assemble at Osmotherley Methodist Chapel (DL6 3AA) for coffee and a brief talk on the chapel's history. To arrive, travel south on A19. The village is signposted 3 miles south of the Ingleby Arncliffe service area. Street...
Download the video to find out how this year's One Opportunity participants have been getting...
Darlington District of the Methodist ChurchWe are going to......... 3 Generatefrom 22nd — 24th November 2019 at Pontins in Southport.A group of young people will be going to 3Generate from the Durham and Deerness Valley circuit. If you have any young people aged 8-23 years who would like to be part of the group please contact email@example.com. The tickets cost £120...